Instant Pot: Easy-Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs



One of my favorite uses for my  electric pressure cooker. - Always-Easy-Peel Hard boiled eggs. The fresh eggs I use are from my own chickens, so we never eat eggs over a week old, and I still get perfectly cooked eggs that are so easy to peel I can do it one handed! 


I use my instant pot for a lot of our whole foods basics but easy peel eggs is a major lifesaver of mine. I eat hard boiled eggs in salads, pickled, or of course deviled. 


Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs

With this foolproof electric pressure cooker recipe, you can make perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs, every time! Even farm fresh eggs are east peel in just minutes!  Creamy, soft yolks and no rubbery whites or gray rings. 

  • 12-18 Room Temperature Eggs
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 to 2 Teaspoons White Vinegar 
  1. Place washed eggs in your Instant Pot Bowl.
  2. Add 1 cup water to the pot with a splash of white vinegar.
  3. Put the lid onto your Instant Pot, check that the seal and vent are in place. 
  4. Press the "Manual" button and adjust the time to 4 minutes on high pressure. (5 minutes for larger eggs)
  5. When your pot beeps, immediately, and carefully release the pressure and steam. (I do this with tongs, then toss a light dish towel on top.
  6. Once the pot has released it's pressure,  remove the lid, grab your hot mitts and carefully get the instant pot bowl to cold running water. 
  7. Run cold water over the eggs and toss in a hand full of ice if you want. Let the eggs cool to a safe handling temperature, and peel right away for best results. 
  8. Enjoy your fresh, nutrient dense snack! Eat them fresh, or put them into an airtight container in the fridge. (I use mason jars, a quart sized jar will hold 8-10 eggs.)

To Peel Eggs Quickly, somewhat firmly, tap both the top and bottom of the egg on a hard surface. Usually the bottom has a bit of an air pocket. Gently crack the shell all over, I do it with my finger tips, then I roll the egg on the counter and this tends to loosen the shattered shell into an easy to remove layer. The secret to peeling an egg easily, is to make sure you get under the membrane that is between the shell and egg. Sometimes, if you loosen the shell and crack it well, the shell will slide right off in just a few movements. 


Comments

Popular Posts